ISO 9001 requirements outline the basic requirements for a quality management system (QMS) within an organization.ISO 9001 is suitable for the organizations to make continuous improvements in quality throughout organizations. ISO standards are structured in order to integrate the existing management system with the goal of fulfilling the customers’ expectations. Additionally, ISO 9001 is aligned with other management standards such as ISO 14001 (Environmental), ISO 20000 (IT Service Management), ISO 27001 (Information Security), and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety).
ISO 9001 Requirements
Requirements for Management
• Communicating to the employees about the importance of quality to enhance the customer satisfaction.
• Setting a quality policy and objectives for the system in order commit towards meeting the quality requirements of ISO 9001 Standard.
• Providing adequate resources such as human resources and physical resources, etc.
• Ensuring adequate planning by setting measurable objectives to achieve suitable plans.
• Reviewing the system performance at regular intervals.
• Decide the resources that are necessary for the system and to enhance customer satisfaction.
• Ensure that the human resources are competent enough to meet the product requirements.
• Ensure the availability of physical resources and infrastructure to meet the product requirements.
• Create a work environment to provide the necessities for the services/products to meet the customer requirements.
Requirements for Products or Services
• Plan and develop the processes according to the demand of the products/services.
• Customize the processes in a way that can fulfill the requirements of the customers.
• Improve the ways of communication between the customers and the producers.
• Use the latest technologies to develop the processes to meet the quality requirements.
• Manage and control the processes in order to produce quality output by using the quality inspectors.
• Monitor the processes to ensure that a quality output is being produced.
Requirements for Analysis and Improvement
• Establishthe processes in order to ensure that the services/products meet all the relevant requirements.
• Plan and implement a suitable program of internal system audits, including a procedure to monitor the effectiveness of the existing systems.
• Monitor and measure the processes and services/products in order to make sure that the customers’ requirements are being met.
• Monitor the level of customer satisfaction through the feedback.
• Control the products which do not meet the expected levels of quality standards using appropriate ways, including a written procedure.
Collect and analyze the information
• Informationthat is gathered is useful to ensure that the system is working towards continuous quality improvements.
• The current system can be continuously improved by having a systematic approach to fix nonconformity andstopping it recurring by including a procedure.
• Using a systematic approach would be useful to prevent potential nonconformity or failures happening, including a procedure.