Indian passports are typically issued with a validity of 10 years. They have to be renewed after the expiry of its validity. Similarly, a passport has to be renewed when it has run out of pages. If you are an Indian living outside India, renewing your passport might seem a complicated process. But this complication avoided if you research the passport renewal service carefully. However, for NRIs (Non-Residential Indians), the passport renewal process may differ according to the country they are living in. This article is about Indian passport renewal in UK.
Key Areas Covered
1. What Do You Need to Know Before Applying for Passport Renewal
– VFS Global, Applications, Fees, Submission
2. How to Renew Indian Passport in UK
– Step by Step Process
What Do You Need to Know Before Applying for Passport Renewal
- Indians who are applying for passport renewal in UK are required to apply through Indian Passport and Visa Services operated by VFS Global.
- All passport applicants are required to fill their application forms online and carry the printed version to the application centre. Handwritten application forms are no longer accepted.
- Online applications have to be filled as per the Jurisdiction Applicable. Please click here to identify your jurisdiction.
- Applications should be submitted in person with prior appointment at authorised Indian Visa & Consular Application Centres. If the applicant cannot apply in person due to unavoidable circumstances, only an immediate family member can apply on behalf of the applicant with a proper authority letter.
- Applicants are requested to include the service fee of £44 in addition to the main charges. You can know more about the charges from here.
What are the Documents Needed
- Completely filled and signed application
- Original Passport
- Four recent photographs (2 inch X 2 inch) showing frontal view of full face
- Printed & signed copy of the declaration form
- Annexure E
You may need additional documents based on your specific requirement. See this page to know about these documents.
How to Renew Indian Passport in UK
Step by Step Procedure
- Go to Online NRI Passport Application page and Download the passport application form.
- Fill the form correctly and take a print out.
- Get all your necessary documents ready. Arrange the documents separately as two sets.
- Book appointment online. Click here
- Submit the documents at the appointed date and pay the fees.
Renewed Passports will be delivered by post once ready. Applicants are also required to provide two self-addressed return envelopes. You can also make use of the VFS tracking system to track your application.
Now that you know the application procedure well, you will be able to renew your Indian passport successfully. When you are applying for the renewal, make sure to re-check whether you have you filled the application accurately and have all the necessary documents.
Leave a Reply